Be Young® Essential Oil Therapy
Essential Oils are the concentrated essence of aromatic plants that have healing properties. Truly pure essential oils hold an actual frequency that can be used therapeutically to affect health and healing. These frequencies range between 52 and 320 Khz (kilohertz) depending on the plant and its purity. The plant material is put in a chamber that is flooded with steam and the essential oil is released from the leaves, flowers, or whatever is being distilled, travels upwards in an enclosed chamber to cool and the oil is distilled to be separate from the water used in this process.
The only true guarantee of purity is if the oils are E.O.B.B.D.--Essential Oils Botanically and Biochemically Defined. This is a set of 14 steps that verify if an essential oil is truly pure and unadulterated and of the highest therapeutic quality. If a company hasn’t used the 14 steps of E.O.B.B.D. process, then it has not been evaluated beyond the extent of its suitability as a perfume additive.
⟸ return to top
There are 14 stages of expert reports that must be satisfied for this guarantee. They are:
- Scientific identification of the genus and species of a plant. Many plants look alike or very nearly alike, or smell alike, but are not the same plant. Some species within a genus are safe for human use and some are not (e.g.-some eucalyptus species have such high camphor levels that they can stop the breathing of a small child within minutes).
- Confirmation of the part of the plant the oil came from—leaves, fruits, roots, bark, etc. Oil from one part of the plant is not the same as the oil from another part of the plant and all oils are not necessarily safe for human use.
- Physical analysis of the health of the harvested plants, including an assessment of the plants nearby for anything that might change the compounds in the oil being sought. This is looking at the plants themselves to see if they are of high quality and at their peak in order to get the desired oil from them—peak of flowering, fruit ripeness, etc.
- Seed selection, not only for genus and species, but sometimes cultivar, making sure it is organic, pure and not GMO or in some instances even a particular hybrid.
- Extraction method—steam extraction works for many oils but it is faster to extract with high temperatures and pressure, which can damage the oil. Gentle heat and no pressure are slower to use but yield much higher quality oils.
- Biochemical analysis with gas chromograph and mass spectometer. Every oil has 10’s to 100’s of individual compounds that make it full spectrum. Often the compounds in smaller amounts are necessary to activate the compounds in larger amounts. Some compounds can only be present in very very small amounts or the oil is toxic. Most companies only look for the top 4-5 compounds in an oil.
- Refraction index. Refraction index is a measure of how light goes through the oil. This changes if the oil is diluted or extended with something else.
- Color should be within a consistent range when the oil comes from a particular part of the plant. Oil from one part of the plant may be clear while from another part it may have a particular color.
- Density. Density is a measure of the atomic mass units. Because essential oils are very very small molecules, they are particularly suited to quick absorption and dissemination, and they can easily cross the blood-brain barrier. If things like carrier oils, extenders, or manmade components have been added, the weight in atomic mass units goes up and they don’t have the same properties. The current FDA standard to be called “100% Pure” says that essential oils can be diluted by 98% with other substances, leaving only 2% of the original oil from the plant present. They may still smell good, but they aren’t necessarily strong enough to affect the physical body. Other substances also can go rancid, which lowers the vibration of the essential oil into a range that doesn’t work. If you ask your vendor if their essential oil goes rancid and they say “yes,” that indicates that the oil has been diluted. Truly pure essential oils don’t go rancid.
- Odor needs to be complex and full spectrum which one expects when the full range of chemical components that naturally occur in high quality oils is present.
- Rotation rate. Rotation rate is a measure of how light moves through an essential oil when it is stirred. If it is pure, the light will move to the middle of the oil; if it is adulterated the light will go to the outside of the prism.
- Appearance of the oil. Each oil has a particular viscosity, color, clarity, etc. and verifies if the extraction was done well. It should not have particulates or cloudiness.
- Origin of the plant entails things like climate, elevation grown, abundance of water, presence of insects (which can change the chemical compounds in an essential oil and changes its properties), soil quality, organic farming practices, fertilization using micronutrients (not just macronutrients like in 99% of mass farming in the U.S.), presence of toxic waste, etc.
- Documented tracing of the batch of oil from the producer through all steps of production and transport from the field to the finished product. If there is an unidentified link, then the oil can be adulterated. This also tracks time of harvest (some oils need to be harvested at a particular time of day or night) or any delay in extraction. If there is an unnecessary delay, the essential oils can evaporate into the air making the product weak or lowering amounts of oil recovered.
⟸ return to top
The molecules of each essential oil are very small since they are the pure essence of the plant. Because the molecules are so small, they can cross the skin and mucus membranes of the skin very quickly and easily. They can also cross the cell membranes and the blood brain barrier very easily. The blood brain barrier is very selective of what it will allow across to enter the brain, which is why it is hard to treat the brain with many medications—they are simply too large to get across. Also, because the molecules are very, very small, there are more molecules per drop of truly pure essential oil than there are in other substances that have larger molecules. This means that every drop of pure essential oil has tens of quadrillions of molecules; since the human body has a few trillion cells, that means there are several tens of thousands of molecules available per cell in the human body in one drop of oil. Now you can see why such small amounts are needed. If the oil is diluted with carrier oil for a therapeutic reason, the larger molecules of the carrier oil prevent the essential oil from getting to the cells so quickly and create a time-released delivery.
The normal energy frequency of the human body is 62-68 Khz. The normal range for the human brain is 72-78 Khz. When the energy frequency of the body drops below 58 Khz, the body is susceptible to colds. If the energy frequency of the body routinely drops to 42 Khz, the body becomes susceptible to cancer.
Many companies tell you their oil is pure, however unless you know the folks in charge of distilling and bottling the oils, you can't be sure if they are truly pure essential oils. That is because of the FDA rule that oils called 100% pure need only have 2% true essential oil (of any quality) present (see the above section). And even when the oil is “pure” essential oil, if the oil provider doesn't pay attention to all the issues listed above, you don't know if their oil is of a high enough quality to be truly therapeutic.
When you use essential oil for perfume or to make things smell good, the purity of the oil matters much less than if you want the oil to actually heal the body and the emotions. For healing work, the oil needs to be a purer, more therapeutic grade. Also, almost all blends of essential oils are created according to “perfume notes.” Truly therapeutic oil blends are not only pure, but are blended according to the chemical properties they bring to the healing desired. To do this, one must use a chromograph. A chromograph is a graph of the various energetic frequencies of the volatile components of the oil. A high quality oil should have scores of peaks and valleys showing higher and lower concentrations across a wide spectrum of frequencies.
⟸ return to top
Truly pure essential oils are helpful in many, many situations whether it is physical or emotional. There is a very long list of publicly available research data gathered together at the website www.beyoungth.com where you can click on the link to oils and from there a link to the research available for the oils that they supply.
⟸ return to top
BE YOUNG is the only company that I have found that pays attention to all these aspects all the time in the production and blending of its oils and has the E.O.B.B.D. guarantee. Dr. Dana Clay Young is the man personally responsible for creating these very pure, highly therapeutic oils. If you use oils from other companies and have good results, it may be because of the oil or because of the placebo effect. Only BE YOUNG follows this rigorous, scientific testing in their research and production. As you know, there is a lot of false science and math out there these days. I have a university degree in both chemistry and human biology, and I find this is based on real science! Every industry has folks who are interested more in making money than in delivering a high quality products and services. BE YOUNG Total Health and Dana Young have a very high code of integrity that I find impressive and one that I can work with.
⟸ return to top